I find myself very depressed lately dealing with job, people, family bla bla bla... fine i really run out of words to describe my situation right now; however, just so you know i am fighting within myself first and things around me! su su...
I hope the above article helping anyone who are failing in same disaster like me :)
Controlling your emotions doesn't mean ignoring them. It means you recognize them and act on them when you deem it appropriate, not randomly and uncontrollably.
On the Spot
- Ideas that Cause Negative Emotions
- No matter what you choose to do, it's important to continue acknowledging the emotion. Just because you're not reacting to an emotion doesn't mean that emotion doesn't exist.
- Learn to recognize and anticipate "triggers" that set you off.
- Some experiences like watching a film, hearing a sound or tasting a food (sensory input) can trigger or bring about good emotions. The more good ones you can recognize, pay attention to and be aware of, the easier it is to put your self in that kind of a recognizable mood. It's far easier to get out of an angry or sad state of mind when you can know what happy or joyful state of mind is like.
- It is important to control your emotions, but suppressing them or denying that they exist is entirely different. Suppressing your emotions can cause physical disorders and more emotional symptoms.
- Many emotional problems are so complex that they require the additional professional assistance of a licensed psychologist, counselor, or social worker.