Last Minute Sapa Adventure: Pushing Limits

Again, I booked my latest trip like a day before!This time, I joined my friend on a trip to Sapa, Vietnam. I wanted to challenge myself and see if my body could handle the hiking and long days (12 hours!) exploring with my younger friends. 

Since I was on a budget, I booked a transit flight from Phnom Penh to Hanoi with a layover in Ho Chi Minh City. This turned out to be a bad idea! Going through immigration twice was a hassle, and luckily, I hadn't checked in my luggage, or it would have been a disaster. To top it off, my flight was delayed twice for a total of two hours, making me arrive in Hanoi at 11 pm. 

Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled about waking up at 5 am to catch the 6 am bus to Sapa. Despite the rough start, I made it (with a few complaints!). The first day of hiking in a village was an amazing experience. I absolutely loved it! The rest of the trip was alright, but it did feel a bit touristy. 

Overall, it seems my workouts and weekend walks with Aldo (my dog) have paid off. I handled the long walks and hikes surprisingly well. This trip was a great escape, and I rediscovered a sense of adventure within myself. I'm so glad my friends invited me along!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop loving someone who doesn’t love you

trip to Arei Skact!