Putho Circus

"I am not sure whether Cambodia in the past has circus like other country, but i think we might have different form like "Pa Hi & Seak". Cambodia has a rich and fascinating history. bla bla bla ... forget it! "
First I wanted to write a nice topic about Cambodia Circus, but just the first minute I started thinking what should I type? it got me stuck for more than 30mn. So, I myself will just write the way i want to.

As the schedule, we went to the Beeline Arena (its a semi stadium belong to beeline) for the circus. For the first few minutes, I was so impressed by so many people, esp French-Khmer family showed up to support Khmer Circus. There were about 800 people.

The show had exceeded my expectation. They combined a show to reflects the Cambodia's Today, this is the most attractive for me. 

Honestly, sometime during the show, i had to close my eyes because i was afraid if those guys failed off from stage or thing goes wrong, it would make me sad cuz we will be embarrassed those foreigners.

My conclusion, I would say that this is awesome, and i hope more young Khmer will pursue their dream and do their best.


The first in a monthly Circus show comes to Phnom Penh.

The Circus is coming to town. No big-top but instead the youngsters from Battambang’s highly-rated Phare Ponleu Selpak will be bringing their own brand of Circus and theater to the Beeline Arena in Phnom Penh on Saturday 29 September. The show – Putho! – is what they call a metaphorical show about relationships between teenagers, love and tenderness depicted through acrobatics, lifts, juggling, dance, balancing and contortion. Thirteen young circus artists will present the show, which has already had three tours in Europe, beginning at 6pm, with tickets available at Monument Books, with a new Circus show planned for each month in the Cambodian capital. PPS are also planning to open a big top, quite literally, in Siem Reap in the middle of next year. We saw the Putho! show on a visit to Battambang in July 2010 and its definitely worth making the effort to get along to Beeline to see this performance. The youngsters are extremely talented. We’ve also just heard that circus performers from Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos will be strutting their stuff for three evenings, from 5pm, on 27/28/29 September at the performing arts center in front of the National Assembly in Phnom Penh. A 1,000 seat theater has been created especially for these three performances.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

trip to Arei Skact!

Stop loving someone who doesn’t love you